Scottish Trad Trail Tour, Dinner & Folk Music
Explore Glasgow's folk heritage
Enjoy the folk music & food of Glasgow
Explore Glasgow’s folk music scene with this guided walking tour followed by a two course dinner and live music from a rotating line-up of the city’s up-and-coming folk performers at Mharsanta Scottish restaurant.
Taking place every Friday evening, the package features:
- One-hour guided walk listening to tales of Glasgow’s traditional music from the folk revival of the Fifties and Sixties to Celtic Connections and beyond. Starting at Mharsanta on Bell Street, this 1.2 km tour is packed with stories about the heroes, villains and quirky characters that shaped the city’s folk scene.
- Two course dinner at Mharsanta, a popular, Scottish restaurant in the centre of the Merchant City. Enjoy a warm welcome and hearty, home-style cooking made from locally sourced ingredients. Mharsanta stocks a wide range of wines, spirits, cocktails and beers – many of them Scottish – for you to enjoy.
- 90 minute trad music session. As guests polish off their dinner, the musicians will be limbering up for an informal folk session. Combining traditional tunes with contemporary folk numbers, we can’t think of a more harmonious way to spend your Friday night.
- Entertaining and informative, this evening is a celebration of Glasgow’s traditional music scene and Scottish cooking.
- Join us for an authentic taste of this city’s folk culture and music along with a delicious dinner and perhaps a drink or two.